About Me

My photo
Ruminations, Reflections and Retrospective reports from the life of a strange person.

Friday, January 15, 2010

January

Ok, I'm not going to apologize for not posting anymore, b/c it is everytime.

I went to Bethlehem for Christmas. It was interesting, and not at all like I expected.

Highlights:
--holding a boa constrictor in manger square on Christmas night.
--seeing "Solomon's pools" (not at all related to Solomon. Thanks again, crusaders)
--seeing the Herodyon
--finding this one awesome door somewhere in the city of Bethlehem.

More recently, I saw "Avatar" in 3D.
In an interview with Popular Science, the dude who made the movie said that the story had to be compelling, since people wouldn't go see a 3 hr movie just for the technology it showcases. He was wrong. The movie is so-so. Predictable plot, stereotypical characters, etc. The only reason I went to see it was because of how awesome the 3D technology is. super-cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment