About Me

My photo
Ruminations, Reflections and Retrospective reports from the life of a strange person.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Beginning

So, classes began yesterday.

It was... interesting. After consulting a few different resources, I had come up with 3 different sets of times and places for what I thought was the Hebrew course that I needed to take. I showed up for the most recent set of times/places, and found out that it was the wrong class. It was Hebrew 2, not Hebrew for beginners 2. Of course.

Then, I had my design and analysis of experiments class, which handily was scheduled for the exact same time as the graduate student organization had scheduled their "understanding your time as a masters student at the technion/getting started / answering questions" meeting. Clearly this was a well-planned event. Don't know how it turned out, since I was in class, not understanding much.

The professor speaks english natively, but the lectures are in Hebrew. Fortunately, he gives out printed notes so I have somethign to translate later, and there are the subject titles in English. Two of my friends here have managed to have 2 of their 3 courses in English. (Partly because their advisor was teaching one of them).

Oh, and my HTC G1 android phone arrived in the mail... finally... with customs tag of 120 dollars... so I thougth that was a little extreme, and asked the guy at the post office who said that I can come back on sunday and write a letter to the customs board. should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment