About Me

My photo
Ruminations, Reflections and Retrospective reports from the life of a strange person.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Continuation

So, classes are beginning to be slightly less of a language shock... not to mean that i'm really understanding all that much more, but it's not as paniky a feeling anymore.

Things are getting underway in the lab, as well, and I'll be helping out tomorrow with some preliminary experiments. This evening I hung out there and helped with some setup for tomorrow. It was great... got to do a little soldering, help with some of the setup, and it was my professor, not me, who overtightened a set screw and cracked some of the plexiglass. In general, I feel very competent from my degree at Cedarville.

This week I also got my signet ring phase 2 delivered. This one is 3D printed in a SS/bronze mixture (don't think it's really an alloy). It's pretty awesome. However, the print method leaves a fairly rough surface, which threw off my ring size tolerance, so that it's a little tight. I used a file to take it down a little, but I think i'll just get the next one a little larger. I used it to put a seal on my rsvp regrets to Peter and Kate's wedding.

Yesterday, I got my student visa! I had an appointment, but ended up waiting an hour anyway. Oh well... main point is that I have it.

Last weekend I went down to tel aviv for a day with some people, looked at some Bauhaus buildings there and had a pineapple (which was way more expensive than I initially thought it was) while we sat by the mediterranean.

Tomorrow I will be in the lab in the morning, then hebrew class, then the weekend begins! (thursday night) This weekend there's a meal at beit eliyahu, and a baptism and a thing on saturday by the sea of galilee with a bunch of believers from northern Israel. Then Sat. night there's a birthday/housewarming party, which unfortunately is preventing me from going to another party. life is hard.

Oh, and the financial side of things should be working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment