About Me

My photo
Ruminations, Reflections and Retrospective reports from the life of a strange person.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A great Friday

So, yesterday was a great day.

I got up in the morning and met some people from ulpan (language class) to show them where the indoor market was. I got some more dried beans, rice, and oatmeal. I also ended up getting some ground chicken (14 shekels per kilo) however, there's about a half hour ride back to campus, and I still wanted to buy some milk. I also didn't want hot raw meat. So I bought some cheap-0 popsicles (1 shekel a piece) which were deep frozen, and put them in my bag, turning it into a refrigerated bag :). Problem solved.

After dropping my things off at my apartment, I went back into the city and tried to stop by the tourist information center, but I got there at 1:30, and it closed at 1:00. Then I found a bike shop I was looking for, but it didn't have much selection, and when I asked for a catalog, they said they didn't have one... hmm... so then I wandered around some more and stumbled upon a park that was very nice. see pictures in the second half of the facebook album available here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2070049&id=141300373&l=2197b4bfdc

Then, at a little before six, I came back to Beit Eliyahu, a messianic congregation in downtown haifa. They had a special dinner and service, and then I helped them clean up a little afterwards, and then some of us went to an apartment and had a prayer meeting for a few hours for christians in the west bank and gaza. I ended up getting home around 1 am or so then.

Great day.

1 comment:

  1. You must enjoy getting to places within a half hour of when you intended, it seems to happen to you a lot...

    ReplyDelete