About Me

My photo
Ruminations, Reflections and Retrospective reports from the life of a strange person.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunday Update

** I typed this earlier, on my laptop as I traveled.
my oh my... where to start
Wednesday I found out that there was still a small leak in the water chlorination system. However, I went ahead (per the advice of my advisor) and did a few test runs with the blue dye concentration anyway. However, this had the unfortunate side effect of me ending up with a right hand that looked like a smurf. It was at this point that I had to wait before doing anything else with the project, so I joined John Gray and Malaika at John's favorite restaurant, a little chinese buffet in Xenia. (It's called the China Buffet...very original.)You may note that I still had a blue hand for this outting.Thursday was spent writing the report, and my loving mom and sister finished emptying my apartment in Cedarville. Then Friday was dedicated to me packing and trying to get through organizing my possessions. Oh yeah, and the goodbye party. Thanks to everyone who was able to make it--I had a great time.The last of my party obligations ended at about about 11:20 or so. It was then that I started the final packing and the clothes selection.Through some careful packing, I ended up with two bags that weighed in at the airport as 50.0 lbs (the limit). I'm not really looking forward to manhandling them on the bus from tel aviv to haifa.I got to bed around 3:30 am, an dthen got up at 6:30 in order to attend prayer breakfast. Then, we packed the car and stopped by the millers' reception on the way to the airport.My flight from dayton to Cicago was fine.. really really short, but left and arrived on schedule.However, my flight to london, which was supposed to leave at 9:15 Chicago time got delayed until 10:45pm chicago time, since the plane was late getting to the airport. That meant I had an extra long layover in O'hare. I played some Red Alert 2, read and bought a salad, which was actually quite good and not as terrible a deal as I was expecting.Then today, I arrived at London Heathrow, and took the Piccadilly line in to South Kensington, where I spent a spectacular 4 hours at the Science Museaum. Special thanks goes out to Tom Harris, who tipped me off on its free entry and general awesomeness. Facebook and/or Picasa photo albums will be coming soon. Unfortunately, my camera battery died long before I got to the most awesome section of the museaum, the "launchpad" -- it's basically like COSI used to bo.. really great demos, really hands-on and really kid-friendly. As I finish this up, I'm back in London Heathrow, waiting for the gate to open for my flight to Tel Aviv.

2 comments:

  1. Great...now I have to go to London sometime to see the Space museum...thank you.

    ReplyDelete