About Me

My photo
Ruminations, Reflections and Retrospective reports from the life of a strange person.

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Second Half was Better.

So, after having a fairly rocky start to sunday, I took some steps to turn it around. I played a card game with some of the other english speakers, and then I had a mango for an early dinner.
Mangos are where it's at. Seriously. And fruit in Israel is great! I would say that the mango that I had yesterday was even better than the mangos that I had in Liberia. (Just in case anyone else cares, the title is deliberately ambiguous, and refers to both the day and the mango.)

Then, I took a hike in one of the parks on campus that goes up the mountain toward Haifa University. It was great fun, and I have a few pictures, but I'll upload them later. I even saw some of the wild pigs that live on the mountain, though I didn't get a picture of them. I had to turn back b/c it was getting dark, but I plan to go back and explore a little more in the woods.

Today so far has been a lot of errands, and I definately need to review some of the Ulpan lesson. I also plan to go visit my advisor (if he's in) and see the Mechanical Engineering building.

1 comment:

  1. Great. I love hiking, and that sounds kind of cool...wild pigs and the like. I can't imagine a safer place for pigs than Isreal if you're a pig.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete